FAIRVIEW, OR 97024
Performs various tasks involved with the assembly and/or packaging of production units. Uses machinery when working with product. Capable of operating multiple workstations and performs multiple tasks. Works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgment is required.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Assembles various manufactured small sized components.
2. Operates machinery in course of assembling parts. Must be able to sit or stand at workstation for extensive time periods.
3. Performs required sampling and ensures product quality in accordance with International Standards work instructions.
4. Responsible for following company safety guidelines.
5. Accountable for maintaining defined throughput (quantity per hour) standards for workstation. Records daily throughput (quantity per hour) on timesheets.
6. Looks for ways to improve process flow or quality of products and communicates ideas to area lead or supervisor.
7. Monitors stock requirements to perform position responsibilities.
8. Keeps machine and work area clean and organized.
May perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor. Performs work in accordance with International Standards quality standards for this position. Understands company Operational Excellence directive and is responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope.
Performs duties independently with some supervision, operating from specific and definite directions and instructions. Decisions are of a routine nature made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies and procedures.
This position is not supervisory in nature.
The most common internal contacts are with own department staff and own supervisor. Contacts are as a result of regular, on-going duties.
Specific Job Skills:
Must have excellent hand-eye coordination - very small parts assembly. Able to read and understand work instructions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience in manufacturing assembly production preferred. Ability to work independently in a team environment. Ability to produce quality product without sacrificing defined throughput (quantities per hour) expectations.
Bend Several Times/Hour . Carry: 21-40 Lbs. Several Times/Day Twist: Several Times/Hour. Lift from Floor: 21-40 lbs. Several Times/Day. Sitting: 6-8 hours per day. Walking: 4+ hours per day. Standing: 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive use of hands: Simple grasping; pushing, pulling and twisting. Several Times/Hour. Dust: Minimal. Noise: Minimal-Moderate. Extreme Temp: Minimal-Moderate. Exposure to Chemical Substances: Yes - oil on parts
Sensory requirements for seeing, hearing, or touching: Considerable. Personal protective equipment required: No