BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
PORTLAND - NE, OR
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Identify, develop, implement, and improve strategic ERP business processes.
2. Serve as project manager for area-specific initiatives by collaboratively building timelines, feasibility/cost-benefit analysis, and output requirements.
3. Provides departmental support including collaborative business process review, training resources, and integrating data with Banner.
4. Assist with implementation and maintenance of new administrative software solutions to address emerging university needs.
5. Assist with integrating Banner with other university systems with the goals of reducing data redundancy/duplicate data entry, security, and improving user satisfaction.
6. Works proactively with the users and ATS staff to identify business requirements and to architect and implement solutions.
7. Coordinates the activities of persons engaged in development projects.
8. Tests and deploys applications and changes.
9. Maintains accurate documentation on applications, data structures, queries, and reports.
10. Performs proactive application administration and maintenance tasks to keep assigned applications functioning efficiently and effectively.
11. Responds to user issues and finds solutions to resolve issues.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Work Contacts ATS and ITS department staff, University staff and faculty from across campus, vendors, and contractors.
Scope of Work
Working Conditions Office environment. Involves occasional vehicle and/or walking travel during varying weather and traffic conditions to various campus sites.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Repetitive motions sitting at keyboard
Walking indoors or outdoors
Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Ability to speak, write, hear, and comprehend English
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, Math, or related field or equivalent experience.
2+ years as a Business Systems Analyst.
1+ years providing functional support for Salesforce or similar CRM.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience with business process modeling and architecture
Administration and reporting experience with relational databases
Creative problem solving
Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills across diverse teams
Ability and willingness to learn new software and systems
Customer service experience in technical support role required
Good organization, documentation skills and project management experience
Experience with Ellucian Banner or other higher education ERP system preferred
At least one (1) year experience with SQL
SQL Developer, Toad, Argos, or similar software experience a plus
Training or teaching experience a plus
Pre-Employment Screening Requirements
Successful pass a criminal background check