DATABASE REPORT WRITING
PORTLAND - NE, OR
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design, develop and execute queries and perform data retrieval in order to enable effective analysis of information for various university departments. 45%
2. Assist in implementing appropriate reporting solutions. 5%
3. Work with Business System Analysts to provide complex reporting solutions focused on compliance reporting. 15%
4. Assist with integrating data from multiple university databases and CRMs. 5%
5. Document reporting processes. 5%
6. Serve as a resource for ATS staff to increase SQL competencies. 10%
7. Assist with ensuring reporting standards, guidelines, and data policies are followed. 10%
8. Other duties as assigned. 5%
Scope of Work Includes technical and business aspects of assigned department or functional area. Work includes complex projects with minimal to moderate guidance. Acts as a technical subject matter expert and liaison to departments outside the Office of the Registrar. Assists with keeping leaders informed of results, outcomes and impediments.
Working Conditions Office environment.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Able to tolerate prolonged sitting and keyboarding using both desktop and laptop systems
Able to lift, pull, grasp, and reach within an office environment
Able to effectively participate in two-way communications, in person and on the phone
Able to perform complex logic and reasoning activities throughout course of work.
Able to write, read and review complex instructions and technical documentation.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Associates degree in related field or equivalent experience.
1+ years' experience work performing query writing and data extraction in relational database environment, including intermediate, or higher, experience utilizing SQL, PL/SQL, or similar tools for extracting and manipulating data.
High proficiency with MS Access and MS Excel.
1+ years experience using data analytics or BI required.
Experience with Ellucian Banner or another higher education ERP system desired
HTML coding, TOAD, Argos, SQL Developer (or similar query software experience) desired
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Able to demonstrate a consistently exceptional customer service experience in a technical support role.
Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills across diverse teams.
Ability and willingness to learn new software and systems.
Excellent organization, attention to detail and documentation skills.
Strong problem solving, logical and critical thinking skills.
Able to handle confidential information with discretion, tact, and good judgement.
Must be able to document processes and changes accurate and in a timely manner.
Pre-Employment Screening Requirements
Successful pass a criminal background check
Work as a team member in a professional environment.
Possess a "service attitude" (willingness to be flexible to meet the needs of the department).
Have a professional physical appearance (appropriate clothing, personal hygiene, etc.).