PORTLAND - SE, OR
Acts as the lead for the entire delivery process which includes delivering product(s) to our customers in a safe, timely, and courteous manner, completing necessary paperwork and supervision of a Delivery Assistant. Perform other assignments as required.
1) Drive and operate a 14, 000 - 26, 000 lb. GVW delivery truck safely and in conformance with all laws.
2) Load and unload truck with product without any damage.
3) Deliver and perform basic hook-up of appliances and performs minor assembly of appliance parts to appliance (e.G. Legs on washers/dryers, etc.) without any damages to the product or customer's home.
4) Complete necessary paperwork accurately to process deliveries and C.O.D.'s.
5) Direct Delivery Assistant and oversee entire delivery process.
6) Lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy appliances (e.G. Refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.).
7) Operate hand truck with product up to 500 lbs.
8) Interact in a friendly and positive manner with customers, vendors and employees on a daily basis.
1) Provide evidence of current drivers license (must be in good standing).
2) Maintain a clear driving record (no more than 3 accidents/tickets within a 3-year period or no more than 2 accidents/tickets within a 1-year period. No DUI's)
3) Knowledge of Portland metro area; ability to use 'Thomas Guide' maps.
4) Ability to lift 150 lbs. From floor to waist and waist to shoulder (refer to attached "Physical Demands" for details).
5) Excellent customer service skills.
6) Fluency in English (written & verbal).
7) Ability to use basic tools.
8) Ability to work positively in a team environment.
9) Ability to work a 40-hour week flexible schedule and overtime as needed.
10) Ability to qualify to be insured under Company insurance policy.
1) Previous experience driving delivery truck (1-ton or larger).