DRIVER - CLASS A CDL
PORTLAND - SE, OR
Operate a 30, 000 - 80, 000 lb. GVW delivery semi-truck; perform and observe all required loading and safety procedures; maintain and perform routine truck maintenance; and maintain a current Class A CDL. Perform additional tasks as requested.
1) Drive and operate a 26, 000 - 80, 000 lb. GVW warehouse transfer truck safely and in conformance with all laws.
2) Transports load over required route to proper destination, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
3) Perform all duties safely (following all policies and procedures and/or using reasonable safety precautions), without damage to product/equipment or injury to self or others.
4) Chock rear wheels of truck or trailer when parked and remove chocks before driving away.
5) Load and unload truck with product without damage.
6) Obtain transfer paperwork, shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures and returns-completed paperwork accurately to process deliveries and transfers.
7) Lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy appliances (e.G. Refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.).
8) Operate pallet jack and hand truck with product up to 800 lbs.
9) Interact in a friendly and positive manner with customers, vendors and employees on a daily basis.
10) Perform pre and post vehicle inspections daily. Report any maintenance needs to Vehicle Consultant.
11) Daily, pickup and transfer all inter-office mail.
1) Provide evidence of current Commercial Drivers License (CDL-A), which must be in good standing.
2) Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse and alcohol screening.
3) Maintain a clear driving record (no more than 3 accidents/tickets within a 3-year period or no more than 2 accidents/tickets within a 1-year period. No DUI's)
4) Knowledge of Portland metro area and major Oregon highways.
5) Knowledge of Department of Transportation Rules & Regulations.
6) Excellent customer service skills.
7) Fluency in English (written & verbal).
8) Ability to use basic tools.
9) Ability to work positively in a team environment.
10) Ability to work a 40-hour week flexible schedule (shift changes, split days off, coverage of sick days/vacations, etc.) and overtime as needed.
11) Ability to qualify to be insured under Standard Appliance, Inc. Insurance policy.
12) High School diploma or GED equivalent.
13) Requires high degree of attention and dexterity in the control of the tractor trailer and preventing damage to product and trailer equipment.
14) Obtain and maintain an ODOT Medical Certification Card.