ANY EAST, OR
- Starting wage is $13.00 per hour
- Shift: 3:45am to 3:45pm, 4 days a week
Job Summary: Responsible for sorting and packaging apples by following protocols set forth by the standard operating procedures to meet customer specific orders in the Apple Plant. Maintains a high level of quality and safety standards.
1. Upholds current Good Manufacturing Practices.
2. Upholds Food Safety Policies and Procedures as outline in the Quality Systems Manual.
3. Understands and demonstrates appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment.
4. Understands the use of Safety Data Sheets.
5. Demonstrates understanding of Standard Operating Procedures.
6. Sorts and packages fruit by following protocols set forth by the standard operating procedures.
7. Assists Quality Assurance Staff, Production Leads or Supervisor as needed
8. Assists in Formulated or Sanitation Departments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
2. Positive attitude and team player
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
4. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
5. Ability to sort at the exterior station and the interior station
6. Ability to work at the fill point for bins
7. Ability to clean safely and effectively
8. Asks for and offers help and support whenever and wherever needed.
1. Demonstrates all competencies of Level 1
2. Ability to consistently follow all safety policies and professionally correct safety issues when observed
3. Ability to consistently follow all GMPs and professionally correct safety issues when observed.
4. Ability to train new Production Associates on basic procedures
1. Ability to work at all positions on the production line
2. Ability to work at a safe but above average pace at all positions on the production line
3. Shows outstanding safety behaviors, and encourages those same behaviors in their team members
4. Ability to effectively and proficiently train new level 1 Production Associates
Working Conditions/Physical Factors:
1. Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
2. Occasionally required to push/pull/lift weights up to 50 pounds
3. Worker may be exposed to a loud working environment
4. Worker may be exposed to hazards in the work place such as proximity to equipment conducting extreme heat, moving mechanical parts, and electrical current.
5. Must be able to work in environment containing allergens (nuts, milk, wheat, etc.)
6. Must be able to stand/walk/talk/hear/sit for prolonged periods of time