GRESHAM, OR 97030
Job Summary: Responsible for supplying the operation with the accurate materials needed to complete customer orders in an efficient manner.
1. Load and unload apple bins into the apple dumper/loader at a rate equal to what the line is running.
2. Maintain accurate apple inventory. Start of the load and finish of the load. Able to document correctly.
3. Manage the product waste area.
4. Communicate with the lead and quality with the type of apple we are running.
5. Keep a clean and organized work area.
6. Unload and load trailers. Both enclosed and flatbed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to read and understand product labels.
2. Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
3. Ability to operate a fork lift for a 12-hour shift. (Fork lift training and certification is provided through Ever Fresh Fruit.
4. Ability to trouble shoot and repair various equipment in a safe and timely matter.
Working Conditions/Physical Factors:
1. Worker may be exposed to temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. More extreme temperatures possible during summer months.
2. Worker may be exposed to extreme cold, wet conditions, but indoors and outdoors.
3. Worker may be exposed to a loud working environment.
4. Worker may be exposed to hazards in the work place such as proximity to equipment conducting extreme heat, moving parts, fumes or airborne particles and electrical current.
5. Must be able to work in environment containing allergens (nuts, milk, wheat, etc.).
6. Frequently required to use hands and fingers and can climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
7. Must be able to talk/hear/sit for prolonged periods of time.
8. Occasionally required to lift/push light weights up to 50 pounds.