PORTLAND - NE, OR
The Line Operator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all line activities including but not limited to line start-up, line operation, packaging quality and fill control.
1. Responsible for the line set-up prior to the start of the shift, insuring the proper start time.
2. Continually monitors and adjust the line as necessary to achieve maximum efficiency.
3. Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
4. Coordinates product changes and the restocking of packaging materials as necessary to maintain line efficiencies.
5. Provide break relief for line positions as needed.
6. Insure the removal of all trash and unneeded packaging materials before shifts end to provide a smooth transition into the next shift.
7. Train production staff as needed to maintain line operation.
8. Report to production supervisor and or maintenance department any equipment deficiency or malfunction.
9. Set and monitor all coding equipment to insure correct and legible code dates.
10. Set and monitor(if applicable) all labeling equipment as necessary to assure correct and accurate packaging.
11. Monitor and adjust filling equipment to assure specified fill levels or target weights.
12. Notify supervisor of known low levels of packaging materials and daily product and packaging losses.
13. Responsible for assuring that the correct product is packaged in the proper container and case.
14. Perform additional duties as directed.
15. Maintain accurate S.I.S. And Q.A. Documents.
16. Responsible for ensuring all tasks are performed in a safe manner.
17. Performs product changeovers as instructed to maintain line efficiencies.
18. Perform additional duties as directed.
19. Follow all Safety, associated SOP's and LOTO guideline and programs.
20. Comply with all Food Safety policies, procedures and regulations including GMP's, Quality Assurance procedures, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point and GFSI/SQF level 2 or other 3rd party audit criteria as they apply to this position.