MACHINIST II - 3RD SHIFT
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing our mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing high quality products and exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers. In addition to maintaining a high level of trust, integrity and ethical standards, all employees are also expected to promote a culture of safety by following all safety procedures, protocols and guidelines while working in a manner that minimizes the risk of damage to property and injury to the employee and others.
Under general supervision, operates and sets-up a variety of machine tool equipment to extremely close and complex tolerances including mills, lathes, computer numerically controlled machines and other hand and power equipment of similar complexity. Fabricates component parts where set-ups are non-routine and tolerances are difficult to acquire and maintain.
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources, and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits.
1. Perform machinist duties as assigned using standard procedures, tools, materials, machines and equipment in a fast-paced work environment while meeting all established production expectations and deadlines.
2. Follow well-established guidance from specified process instructions, blueprints, and communicated instructions from other team members. Makes complex measurements and advanced shop math calculations.
3. Implement the Quality Policy and Procedures in all aspects of daily duties and responsibilities, including evaluating unusual vs. Ideal and usual quality based on finished product sound, vibration, temperature, operation and appearance. Inspect parts and products to detect and identify potential defects, anomalies, surface quality non-conformities, and other forms of observable physical or structural product quality deficiencies using personal observations in conjunction with inspection, measuring and calibration devices.
4. Operate machine while loading and tending runs of parts, perform set-ups to extremely close and complex tolerances or performing one-step operations on individual parts, including making simple machine adjustments and running one or more machines as directed or requested.
5. Collaborate with team members during team meetings, system reviews, safety meetings, and other forms of problem-solving discussions to further define and improve department strategies designed to meet and exceed quality objectives. Participate meaningfully in safety activities
6. Serve as a role model for and mentor less experienced or new machinists on machining process, responsible and efficient time management, commitment to exceeding quality and production expectations, professional and respectful communication, and safe work habits. Train other machinists on process and procedure as directed and provide necessary follow-up and guidance to achieve professional development objectives. Assists with directing and facilitating the work of other team members and prioritizing work in the area.