GRESHAM, OR 97030
Successful candidates will be required to use their troubleshooting skills and experience to resolve technical, mechanical, electrical, and programming problems that may occur.
1. Troubleshoot and maintain processing equipment both mechanical and electrical
2. Inspect, recognize potential problems and take appropriate action to prevent component failure
3. Monitor machinery to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement
4. Collaborate with the Maintenance Supervisor to schedule and develop routine and preventative maintenance schedules
5. Assist team leaders and machine operators in efficient line start up and equipment adjustments
6. Perform building maintenance and repairs as needed
7. Maintain documentation related to maintenance tasks
8. Weld and fabricate machinery when necessary
9. Maintenance, repair, service or installation may include but not limited to:
a. Pumps / motors
b. Conveyor systems
c. AC / DC controls
e. Frequency control drives
f. Hydraulic and electrical equipment
g. Refrigeration / Freezer systems and controls
h. Electronic controls
i. Boiler controls
10. Adhere to all company policies, GMPs, and SOPs
11. Work safely and promote a safe work environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. High School Diploma or GED required. Some college coursework preferred
2. 2+ years maintenance mechanic experience
3. Experience in a production/manufacturing environment preferred
4. MIG / TIG welding and fabrication of stainless preferred
5. Electrical troubleshooting and maintenance preferred
6. Forklift experience preferred
7. Knowledge of mechanical systems and components including chains, sprockets, gears, bushings, bearings, gear boxes and other moving parts
8. Bilingual is a plus (English/Spanish)
9. Problem solving and diagnosis skills
10. Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with coworkers, supervisors and department managers required
11. Basic math skills
12. Self-starter, ability to work alone
13. Good organizational skills and detail-oriented
14. Availability and willingness to work flexible job hours as needed
Working Conditions/Physical Factors:
1. Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
2. Worker may be exposed to a loud working environment.
3. Worker may be exposed to hazards in the work place such as proximity to equipment conducting extreme heat, moving parts and electrical current.
4. Must be able to work in an environment containing allergens (nuts, milk, wheat, etc.)
5. Must be able to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
6. Occasionally required to use hands and fingers.
7. Frequently required to talk or hear.
8. Frequently required to taste and smell.
9. Frequently required to lift / push / pull / carry weight up to 50 lbs.
10. Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
11. Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
12. Exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
Other Duties as Assigned:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.