QUALITY INSPECTOR 3 - SWING
WILSONVILLE, OR 97070
Inspect parts from manufacturing to help assure quality of products.
1. Perform basic visual and dimensional inspection functions on manufactured parts per inspection procedure instructions.
2. Record inspection data as required.
3. Recognize and communicate out of control and out of specification conditions to Manufacturing per designated procedures. Write Cause and Effect Reports (C&E's), as needed.
4. Write Non-Conformance Reports (NCR's) as designated by procedures.
5. Provide unit samples and other pertinent quality criteria or other information at start up.
6. File all necessary items in their proper place.
7. Assist manufacturing whenever possible with acceptable criteria, problem investigation and procedure interpretations.
8. Recognize and communicate changes to part quality that may need the attention of technical staff per inspection procedures.
9. Send reports via email to appropriate staff, as assigned and needed.
10. Release product using a scanner in the MRP system.
11. Provide assistance to other staff as needed to clarify procedures, acceptance criteria and measuring methods.
12. Provides samples with tags for the operator, when needed.
13. Ensures documentation is correct for quality and production.
14. Carry out special projects, as assigned.
15. Perform all incoming inspection duties and/or is capable of performing all duties and fills in, as needed.
16. Performs tests using computer supplied test equipment, as assigned.
17. Manages calibration of tools, as assigned.
1. Applies 5S to keep area neat and clean for next shift.
2. Assist with rework as needed.
3. Assist in training of new inspectors, as assigned.
4. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be able to read, understand and verbally communicate work instructions.
2. Must be able to perform basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
3. Must be able to lift, reach and pull 10 lbs. Frequently and 30 lbs. Occasionally.
4. Must have working knowledge of plastics terminology and be able to interpret part specifications as related to the position.
5. Must have basic reading, writing, math, and computer skills.
6. Must have extensive knowledge of inspection procedures and documents and be capable of using all inspection tools and gages accurately.
7. Must have good communication and problem solving skills.
8. Must be able to train and coach effectively.
9. Must have at least 1 year experience as an Inspector 2 or similar experience and is fully trained in incoming inspection.
10. Must be able to back-up supervisor, as needed.
11. Must be able to provide accurate written reports for manufacturing to highlight areas that require review.