SECONDARY SET UP TECHNICIAN
WILSONVILLE, OR 97070
Set up equipment with safe and efficient processes for all assembly jobs. Perform repetitive assembly of plastic parts and insert components. Conform to customer standards and complete work within acceptable time standards.
1. Read and follow procedures as written in the Production Folder, as well as follow any verbal instructions. Makes suggestions on how to improve work instructions and procedures.
2. Set Up and operate all assembly jobs at an acceptable rate and to company standards; including CNC, inserting with a sonic welder or hot iron, press fitting, gluing, drilling, milling, or other operations. Troubleshoot sonic welders, drill presses, milling machines, hot stamps, pad printers, and other machinery. Mix ink as needed.
3. Use the MRP system to locate product and document fixture maintenance.
4. Establish set-up procedures for new jobs and assist in creating new work instructions. Complete Change to Master's for changes to processes, procedures, and work cells. Create and improve work cells to be more efficient, productive, and safe.
5. Monitor equipment, watch for malfunctions, and report any such malfunctions to supervisor. Ensure CNC machine is cleaned out daily when running and all lubricant and coolant levels are acceptable. Follow instructions and advice of Engineering Department on CNC operations.
6. Trim gates and flash to customer quality standards and maintains acceptable PPE standards.
7. Verify parts meet our standards of quality. Identify any rejects and reasons for rejection as needed.
8. Keep an accurate count of all parts, either manually or using scales. Fill out count summaries, work orders, and labels accurately and legibly. Verify lot number with work order and container.
9. Communicate effectively with other employees. Notify supervisor or lead of any problems.
10. Physically move products, boxes, pallets, etc. To appropriate areas, as assigned.
11. Proficient at 75% assembly jobs, including IBM, GSL and other advanced assembly jobs.
12. Assist in training of new employees.
1. Keep area clean and neat for next shift.
2. Operate injection molding machine in the production department, as needed.
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be able to read, understand, and verbally communicate work instructions.
2. Must be able to perform basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
4. Must be able to set up and manually operate secondary machinery.
5. Must be able lift, reach, and pull 10 lbs to 25 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs. Occasionally.
6. Must be able to stand for long (at least 10) hours.
7. Must have basic reading, writing, math, and communication skills.
8. Basic computer and keyboarding skills, preferred.
9. Advanced plastic vocabulary, knowledge of quality standards and requirements, preferred.
10. Ability to read blueprints, preferred.
11. Previous experience on CNC machine, pad printers, sonic welders, milling machines, hot stamp machine, and/or drill presses, preferred.
12. Must be able to develop efficient processes, solve problems, and make decisions.
13. Must be able to effectively train and assist other employees.
14. Must be able to obtain forklift, pallet jack and other required certifications, as needed.