TANK FARM PROCESS OPERATOR
PORTLAND - NE, OR
1. Responsible for the unloading of the correct type and quantity of oil to the correct storage tank(s).
2. Responsible for the application of steam heat to the rail cars as required, while monitoring the temperature and physical condition of the oil during this process. Delivers the oil to the proper storage tank when completed.
3. Blends oils per formula as required. Delivers these oil blends to the proper location.
4. Samples oil rail cars or trucks, delivers sample and proper documentation to the Quality Assurance Department.
5. Monitors and records all storage tank temperatures, documents and changes temperature recording charts as required.
6. On a daily basis, samples from storage tanks and delivers sample to the Q.A. Department for evaluation.
7. Check all filters daily. Report findings.
8. Calls in railroad switches to assure all cars are delivered and spotted correctly.
9. Responsible for checking the mechanical condition of all agitators, valves and hoses to assure proper working condition.
10. Preform sainitation duties to ensure tanks and receiving line are clean to receive ingredients.
11. Author the daily oil usage report.
12. Loads the appropriate oils into tank trucks for delivery to customers.
13. Maintain sufficient oil levels to insure continuous operations of all lines.
14. Perform assigned tasks in JDE.
15. Perform additional duties as directed.
16. Follow all Safety, associated SOP's and LOTO guideline and programs.
17. Comply with all Food Safety policies, procedures and regulations including GMP's, Quality Assurance procedures, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point and GFSI/SQF level 2 or other 3rd party audit criteria as they apply to this position.
18. Must adhere to all Ventura Foods company policies.
The above duties describe the primary function of the job and are not to be considered a detailed description of every job duty.
EDUCATION / SKILLS:
1. Must have the ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
2. Must have the ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply using a basic calculator.
3. Must be able to utilize time in an efficient manner and work with limited supervision.
4. Must be qualified to operate forklifts in a safe and efficient manner.
5. Must possess a mechanical aptitude and ability sufficient to maintain line efficiencies and to assist maintenance in trouble shooting diagnostics in the event of a mechanical deficiency.