VACUUM TRUCK OPERATOR POSITION
SHERWOOD, OR 97140
COMPETATIVE WAGES - GREAT BENEFITS - OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
Hourly pay rate: $19.00 - $22.00
Shifts Available: Day & Night
We are a growing operation looking for quality individuals to fill a few of our operator positions. Individuals will have opportunities to grow and continue building their skills that go beyond the posted position, based on strong performance and proficiency.
What this Job will be like:
In this role, you will be operating vacuum truck for the purpose of stormwater maintenance (ie. Cleaning catch basins, routing clogged storm lines, exchanging stormwater filtration systems), hydro excavating/digging to expose sensitive areas and any other task that the vacuum truck can tend to.
Shifts tend to be on your feet along with driving from one location to another in and around the Portland metro area.
Day shift- Mon-Fri starting at various times in the morning (start times may vary anywhere from 5:00AM - 6:30AM). Shifts are 8 hours; additional overtime is required during our busy season.
Night shift- Sun-Thurs starting at 5:00PM (An earlier swing shift starting at 1-3pm is available). Shifts are 8 hours; additional overtime is required during our busy season.
Hired Operators will begin with a 5-week paid training period to get familiarized with operating a street sweeper and standard operating procedures. By the end of the training, you should have covered the basics to operating the equipment safely and effectively. (training period may be extended or reduced based on your progress)
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- Must be able to pass a background check, random drug and alcohol testing, pre-employment query through the drug & Alcohol clearinghouse (Query are for CDL DOT applicants only)
-Clean DMV record within last 3 years.
-With current Class A or B CDL
-With current tanker endorsement or willing to receive one
- Must be in good physical condition, as this is physically demanding work and be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, willing to learn and have a good attitude.
- Experience in a management or leadership role and a background in DOT regulations and maintenance a huge plus but not required.