VANCOUVER, WA 98660 US
Pay $17-$18 Shift differential - $1
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Operator 2 position is responsible for the proper preparation, cleaning loading, inspection and running of parts in 1-4 production machines with moderate supervision. Works from written instructions, work orders, standard programs, and instructions given by the supervisor or lead.
High school diploma or GED Required
1-2 year experience in a machining environment, Machine Technology certificate
Ability to read and comprehend verbal and written instructions in English
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide all units of measure including common and decimal fractions
Familiarity with mechanical drawings/blueprints, including GDT
Vision and depth perception suitable for use of handheld inspection tools
Willingness to wear finger cots, masks, and/or clean-room apparel
Ability to either stand or walk for extended periods of shift
Ability to bend, push, pull, reach, grab, turn, twist, and/or stoop
Ability to grab small parts or hand tools with hands
Ability to lift and/or carry up to 30 lbs. Depending on the specific function.
Eligible to work in an ITAR environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains the flow of production parts into the assigned machine or process. Work can be highly repetitive but requires attention to machines.
2. Unload ceramic and/or other parts may inspect them to remove and record any defective parts.
3. Basic computer operation for recording metrics (weight, length, ID, OD, density or counts etc.) Maintain quality tools and accurate record keeping.
4. Monitors and documents the operation of the assigned machines including periodic watches every 2 hours; performs minor maintenance and reports major repairs needed, to equipment as required.
5. Properly records information on production as instructed including pass down information. Keeps work area clean, safe, and organized.
6. Maintains safety and Quality Assurance standards by knowing and applying proper procedures for operating the machines within the department.
7. Assists with company 5S program and keeps work area clean or spills.
8. Read handheld measuring instruments properly and support less experienced operators in measurement.
9. Transport parts to and from machines without damage. Cross train in CMM and other advanced measurement tools.
10. Complies with applicable requirements of Kyocera International, Inc. Policy, including ISO 9000, ISO 14001, ISO18001, ITAR and any other site-specific regulations.
11. Produce precision parts within the time constraints on the work order/ traveler. Support machinists as needed.
12. Ability to use G/M codes at the controller to adjust.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.